SenateSHJ partner delivers Get to the Point
We all know the value of getting to the point, whether it is in a document or a discussion. Understanding your audience, cutting through the clutter and learning to tell a story that gets results are all skills that can be learnt and put into practice in your work.
Angela Scaffidi from SenateSHJ will deliver the Institute of Public Administration Australia's (IPAA) half day writing course, Get to the Point, for people working in the public sector.
Attendees will learn to:
• recognise the thinking processes that precede writing
• discover key distinctions about your readers and understand how those distinctions impact on your structural choices
• gain useful techniques for writing documents for decision makers
• cut down the time you take to produce a first draft
• write clearly and objectively no matter how complicated or technical your content
• learn the craft of clever story telling
Get to the Point will be offered in February, March and May 2013. For further details please see the flyer below.
Bookings can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 00 61 3 9653 2003.